Updated: Dec 6, 2019
Manage the appearance changes the Festive Holiday Horrors can bring - with Mind Chi!
This is the sixth of the series of articles with practical ideas for managing
the Festive Holiday Horrors. Appearances are the horror we address today and
I hope this provides some support, reminders and assistance.
6. The APPEARANCE Festive Holiday Horror and the Mind Chi way to overcome
Your APPEARANCE for the holidays
Are those jeans a bit too tight? Is that SO last year?
You just can’t be seen in the same outfit as you wore last year, or even
the party last week? And besides, it seems to have shrunk since last year anyway!
This entails a mad rush to the shops, your heart sinks, it is so crowded, no
parking and people are acting like animals, pushing and shoving! What about on
line? Yes, they can do next day delivery. Great – just in time for the party tonight,
except it just doesn’t look as good on you as it did on that lovely model. Now
Because you are rushing, you do not shop well. The shop attendants are rushed
and so cannot really help you and your brain is actually away planning the food
and a gift for Aunt Sally.
There is often even more going on. That is that you are just not pleased with your appearance generally. You have noticed some lines, you are becoming ‘podgy’ and even
a few grey hairs are starting to show themselves. You are just not happy in your own skin.
These are not new changes, they have been creeping up on you for years, but they are
exacerbated by the frenzy of the season. The changes you make here can assist you all through the year. You can probably add some more APPEARANCE Festive Holiday Horrors as well. So, what to do?
Mind Chi Festive Holiday Happiness - SMILE!
You can’t do much to make major changes to your appearance now, however, you CAN
make some easy and profound changes that can have a very positive affect.
Might we suggest that it is not your clothes that need changing, but your visage?
It is very unlikely that anyone will remember what you wore last year or even the party last night! So maybe have ‘an outfit’ one that symbolises the holiday or celebration for you, and it is what you wear ‘Simples’ as they say! And that alone can make you feel like smiling.
Or, as all the fashion experts would suggest. Purchase ONE mix n’ match set of tops and bottoms that you can wear as dress up or down, then a few clothes go a long way.
Another thought is to wear your regular clothes, but ‘decorate’ yourself! How
about a festive hat or something hanging round your neck, some sort of a scarf or tie,
maybe a broach or button?
These are all inexpensive and easy ways to say, ‘I am in the celebration mood!’
However, the most important of all is your face. When people look at you, what do they see? Usually the first thing people notice is your face - are you smiling? How are your eyes? What is your general facial expression? Then they notice the overall feeling of energy – how straight are you standing? How do you move? Then they may look at some details – Do you look ‘cared for’?
All these factors scream much louder than the actual outfit. Do a bit of people watching next time you are waiting for something/one. What do you notice?
How to make your APPEARANCE be the best it can be?
Use the power assist of your BREATH, as before Mind Chi step 1, and do Mind Chi step 5 – Check your BEAT, focus on your Emotions here. What emotion is dominant in you
right now? Is it what you want? If it isn’t, then change it! What emotional state would be the best one for what you must do? Anticipation? Feeling organised? Cheerfulness? Overall festive joy? If you find you have slipped back to a negative feeling, then just shift to where you wish to be again.
Here are some other things which cost nothing, yet will make a great difference:
1. Make sure that you are having enough sleep for you (varies from 4 – 8 hours) you can check this by discovering if you wake up feeling rested and ready to start your day. Great beautifier!
2. Eat a balanced and varied diet - all the foods that you know are ‘good’ for you – in moderate and considered meals. Feeling healthy adds a glow to you!
3. If you do drink alcohol, make sure it is in moderation. Balance your alcohol intake with plenty of water and juices. Resist sodas as much as possible. Being hung up is not a good look!
4. Look ‘cared for’ by making sure your clothes are clean and tidy. This is much more important than having the latest hot fashion label. A lick with an iron (correct temperature) works wonders.
5. Look ‘cared for’ in yourself as well – is your hair clean and brushed? Are your teeth clean and breath fresh? Does your face look as though you looked at it and gave it some attention this morning? Are your hands and nails clean and manicured? And what about your feet? Important details.
6. How are your standing and walking? Are you straight and tall? Are your shoulders back? Do you walk and move with purpose and ease? People respond to your energy.
7. Have you a twinkle in your eyes and a smile on your lips? These are the two most flattering things you can do to make your appearance be its very best. And they are free!
8. All of the above are easy if your emotional state is one of optimism and a positive outlook on the world, suddenly you will find you have an appearance, that if you catch you reflection in repose, is one you think ‘That looks a nice person!’ And it is – it is YOU!
The Change Maker Group are people who have mastered the skills for managing change.
They too face the constant change and understand your situation. We provide ‘Smart Mirror Coaching’ an on-demand coaching service that may just be what you need to help you through this time.
Please do contact us with any issues where we may be able to assist: email@example.com
Building your resilience in just 8-minutes a day with the Mind Chi routine can also
boost your strength and ability to find joy in the season, here is a free gift
of the 8 Mind Chi steps: http://www.mindchi.com/mind-chi-basic-8-steps/
For Mind Chi sessions and mentoring, please contact Vanda@MindChi.com
SPECIAL NOTE! The Change Maker Group's new book - 'Change Wisdom'
is available NOW in kindle and soft cover, you may order your copy here!
The next article is about the Festive Holiday Horror of TEMPTATIONS!